Total Pageviews

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Forged Faces.

The following poem is dedicated to people who I have come across in my life- who are one thing to my face, and another thing behind my back. I'm sure we've all come across people like this, so I hope you are all able to identify with this piece :)

Forged Faces

Your eyes forge lies.
so that you can build a fort on my lows and high's,
Light-housing my nights and days,
Waiting for me to sink and not return to shore,
Because your surity is in my destruction.
Happiness in my humility,
It brings me spiritual reconstruction.

So though my smile is your doomsday,
Watch and smile back like a child watching late cartoons on a school day..
Following my tail just 'cus u flipped heads and I won success through rejecting the common coin choice,
Yet because I neglect to notice the denominator over the numerator,
you try speaking in swaggd out rolls royce verses.
But you come across rather bentley,
so I recommend you sit back in the closet and close-it.

I'd rather listen to myself speak than hear utterances from a phoney,
because rehearsed verses don't work in free-styles or even real-life
so dial 999 cus you're personality is dead.
Suicide of your introspect as your counterfeit self can't even show minimal respect, by saying what you need to say to my face.
Instead you lose face in the act of trying to disgrace my image,
your tongue like venomous lace
tying knots to secure me...
Bred by your insecurity...
As you tread over prostrating heads to cry 'religiosity'
till lies and your speech become joint ..in matrimony.
Fired rings on your left hand, as my 'love for all' burns you..
Warms your body yet youre still involved in that which don't concern you.

The bank of lies that your mouth saved up,
may have gathered interest as the years have accumulated,
but usury is haraam, so it add up to less than you approximated.
So maybe you need to get your facts straight and get a current account of what the real story is -I heard they do them at HSBC.

Enfringing your speech with envious decorations
So your explanations dont appear as victimisation..
But when it comes to the nitty gritty all you're after is occupation.
Not caring about oppressive behaviours..
you inflict pain on me worse than a mothers 9month labours,
No.. I'm not speaking about tyrannical leaders taking over nations..
I'm speaking about you.

2 comments:

  1. As-salamu 'alaikum...

    It's a nice premise of a poem, but you may need to simplify some of the language used in the last few stanzas.

    It's a bit too wordy given the subject matter of wanting to confront those who deceive and betray us...

    But that's just my thoughts. Is this a first draft?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wasalaam alaikum..

    ah yes i understand what you mean, however this poetry is written to be performed as opposed to be read, so i think the writing makes it seem more complicated than what it actually is...
    i appreciate your constructive advise :)

    ReplyDelete